EMC OnDemand Brings Captiva, Document Sciences and Documentum to the Hybrid Cloud
Hybrid Cloud Model Increases IT Efficiency and Business Agility
- New EMC OnDemand offering is a hybrid cloud deployment model for enterprise-class applications, designed to help customers accelerate journey to the cloud.
- OnDemand is available for EMC® Captiva®, EMC® Document Sciences® and EMC® Documentum®, enabling customers to stay current on the latest software releases, simplify management of highly-complex applications, and lower IT maintenance spend.
- Combining best-in-class technologies from VMware, RSA, and EMC, OnDemand increases business agility, saves time and costs, and improves IT efficiency. Customers can be online with system acquisition, installation and setup within hours instead of months.
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the availability of EMC OnDemand for EMC® Captiva®, EMC® Document Sciences® and EMC® Documentum®. EMC OnDemand enables customers to save time and money, simplify their operations and transform their business by focusing on driving business value.
OnDemand enables customers to stay current on the latest software releases, simplify management of highly-complex applications and lower overall IT maintenance spend, as the IT stack required to run the applications and solutions are managed in data centers, securely connected to the customers' local area networks.
The initial solutions for OnDemand include:
- EMC Captiva: an intelligent enterprise capture solution for reducing costs and improving paper-intensive processes through automatic classification, indexing, extraction and routing of business content.
- EMC Document Sciences: an intelligent customer communications solution for automating the creation, production and multi-channel delivery (output for print, email, SMS, and Web channels) of personalized information.
- EMC Documentum: Documentum clients including Webtop, CenterStage, Mobile and the My Documentum for Desktop applications, along with Documentum admin and developer tools and core services, including Documentum Content Server, Retention Policy Services, xPlore, Content Transformation Services and Content Intelligent Services.
The underlying technology of OnDemand is a new hybrid cloud deployment model for enterprise-class applications, designed to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud. Developed using a range of best-in-class technologies from VMware, RSA and EMC, the infrastructure can contain one or many EMC and EMC partner products and can be completely portable from one data center to another. It also enables customers to provision and configure the system for rapid deployment.
Lahey Clinic, a teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, is a physician-led, nonprofit group practice with nearly 450 physicians and more than 4,000 nurses, therapists and other support staff working together to provide compassionate care and superior patient outcomes. As a participant in the OnDemand Early Adopter program, Lahey recognizes the value of the offering.
Paul Reed, ECM Manager at Lahey
"EMC OnDemand is a compelling approach to managing business-critical information. Simply put, EMC offers the expertise to install, configure and manage key components of our infrastructure, enabling us to focus on other areas."
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, IDC, EMC Announces EMC OnDemand: Hybrid Cloud Deployment Model with Managed Service for Content and Case Management, Capture, Customer Communications, and Governance, Doc lcUS22825711, May 2011
"EMC OnDemand offers tremendous benefits to customers in speed of deployment, ease of management, cost savings, and flexibility. OnDemand should dramatically accelerate new application delivery and reduce implementation costs for EMC's customers. We think this could significantly change the total cost of ownership (TCO) equation for EMC's Information Intelligence Group products, and give EMC an important competitive advantage."
Paul O'Brien, Vice President of EMC OnDemand for the Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EMC is thrilled to deliver revolutionary technology to accelerate our customers' journey to the cloud. Taking industry-leading solutions like Captiva, Document Sciences and Documentum to the cloud is an exciting next step in information management. The initial interest and feedback from customers and partners has been overwhelming; the overall ease of on-boarding, combined with the time-to-market and continuous cost savings benefits simply jump off the page."
- Learn more about EMC OnDemand
- Watch the OnDemand special session live streaming video at Momentum today at 5:30 p.m. CET.
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the #mmtm11 conversation on Twitter.
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
David De Jear
EMC, Documentum, Captiva and Document Sciences are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.